Legal Counsel - Platform Integrity
Every month more than 1,600,000 new reviews are posted on Trustpilot for one of the thousands of businesses on our review community. Behind our global success is a passionate, international team working in a fast-paced, fun, vibrant environment. Does this sound like your kind of workplace?
You will play a key role in supporting and taking lead on legal matters related to ensuring and defending the integrity of our platform and company. It is a unique opportunity where you will be able to make a real difference.
You will be based in our Copenhagen office and will be reporting to our SVP Legal & Compliance.
Your responsibilities include:
- Managing and supervising lawsuits and threats of lawsuits around the world, except for the US, including involving external legal advisors, preparing pleadings, statements etc.
- Working close with our Quality & Compliance (Q&C) teams around the world who are safeguarding the integrity of our online review platform and ensuring that reviews on Trustpilot can be trusted. The team investigates companies and reviewers attempting to game the system, handle fabricated reviews, and work diligently to identify and mitigate unlawful practices. You will be supporting them with legal advice, training sessions etc.
- Taking the lead together with the Q&C management team on building and maintaining enforcement templates, processes and procedures
- Assisting with escalated cases, claims, enforcement matters and media inquiries
- Participating in the day-to-day work of the Q&C team, improving productivity and scalability (including knowledge management) by innovating and recommending improvements in tools, products, processes and training
- Being a Trust Ambassador by raising awareness about how and why we defend and ensure the integrity of our platform across the business and externally, e.g draft responses and handle inquiries from authorities etc.
- Provide day-to-day legal advice to Trustpilot and review and negotiate various types of business agreements, including supplier contracts.
As our Legal Counsel you will be joining our Legal team of 9 people with different backgrounds and nationalities. They are dedicated, hard-working and have the best team-spirit you could ever hope for. The team is constantly growing together with the company overall.
- Master of law, LL.M, cand.merc.jur or similar degree
- Knowledge about litigation and lawsuits and likes to handle disputes
- Ability to recognize legal and ethical risks and communicate these effectively to colleagues
- Experience in negotiating and drafting various types of supplier agreements (IT contracts, MSAs, NDAs, license agreements and services agreements)
- Ability to take full responsibility for structuring and prioritizing your time well
- Work independent and ready to support your team and other departments
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Excellent writing and fantastic communication skills (English and Danish is a must, other languages are a plus)
- Min. 3 years of experience from a law firm or corporate legal organization
- Excellent legal and organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
- A team player.
Interested in learning more about Trustpilot? Check out our website www.trustpilot.com or stop by The Muse.
If you see yourself in this role, submit your application in English by clicking below, and make sure to upload a personalised cover letter, in which you describe why you would be our ideal Legal Counsel - Platform Integrity.
Trustpilot is a global, online review community that builds trust and increases transparency between consumers and businesses. Currently boasting more than 50 million consumer reviews of 245,000 businesses, Trustpilot produces a TrustScore for businesses based on recent reviews. Trustpilot’s community is live in 25 countries and more than 10,000 consumers sign up to Trustpilot every day. The platform also helps businesses generate insights through customer review data analytics. This can be used to continuously improve business operations, increase customer satisfaction and drive innovation. By enabling businesses to engage directly with customers, Trustpilot aims to set new global standards in consumer to business dialogue.
Trustpilot has customers in 65 countries and has developed strong positions in Denmark, Sweden, UK, France, Germany and the Netherlands, as well as the US. With offices in Copenhagen, London, New York, Denver, Berlin, Melbourne and Vilnius Trustpilot’s 700+ employees represent 40+ different nationalities.