Senior Design Manager
We’re a leading online reviews platform, free and open to all. Our mission is to be a universal symbol of trust. We are well on our way - but there’s still an exciting journey ahead of us. Do you want to join us?
Every three seconds someone posts a new review on trustpilot.com. Our reviews help millions of people around the world consider and compare companies. Hundred-thousands of businesses choose our products to learn about their customer’s experiences, and to establish a trusted brand. We’re looking for an experienced Design Manager to join our design leadership team. You will focus on improving and building out our consumer offering; a key driver and key competitive advantage for our business.
In your role, you will:
- Manage and coach team members and create and foster a healthy and positive, creative, and collaborative team environment.
- Partner with engineering and product management to define long-term strategy for our consumer product, and coach designers and product teams to successfully navigate planning and goal setting.
- Direct and ensure we create high quality work, and connect the dots across experiences and teams to create a cohesive user experience.
- Successfully drive new, compelling, and data-informed product design efforts, major redesigns, and strategic initiatives.
- Help build best practices for our product teams, design team, and design leadership team.
- Partner with Design Leadership and recruiting to expand our team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, and onboarding new employees
- Stimulate and nurture team wide learning on subjects like information architecture, interaction design, user experience best practices, user research, and online user behavior.
We are looking for people with:
- An ability to manage a team of designers (embedded in product teams) and a researcher, work closely with cross-functional peers, and champion design to the wider organisation.
- An interest to work across different contexts and an ability to change gears: we’d like you to talk to users, work with the designers, facilitate cross functional collaboration and alignment, and build strong stakeholder relationships.
- An ability to make data-driven decisions
- Experience working in an agile environment and can explain to us how UX best fits within an agile workflow.
- 5+ years of relevant management and/or relevant design experience
The Trustpilot R&D department. Your first “family” is the design team, we collaborate and support each other with strategy and planning, design critiques, design studios, deep dive sessions, and more structural initiatives like a shared design system. You will work closely in the design management team and report to our Design Director. Your second family are all your cross-functional peers (engineering, product management, etc.) that are working on our consumer experience. Together we collaborate to frame opportunities, strategize, conceptualise, explore, test, and iterate our way to delivering value for millions of people using Trustpilot.
Get an insider's view of our R&D department here (disclaimer: this is pre-Corona, but we’ve poured our heart into a fully online onboarding program).
- An online onboarding program we’ve poured our heart into.
- Opportunities to learn new skills, and develop your career in a fast-paced company.
- A chance to be a key part of an exciting international growth journey.
- Great colleagues and a supportive work culture that you can believe in.
- Competitive Salary plus eligibility for bonus based on company KPIs
At Trustpilot, we’re passionate about our mission to offer a free and open to all review platform, built on collaboration. For consumers, we’re a place to connect with and influence businesses. For companies, we’re a platform for progress; a way to improve and innovate by engaging and collaborating with consumers. Working here is an opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated people in a rapidly growing, fast-paced and agile environment.
With vibrant office locations all around the world and over 40 nationalities, we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace with diverse perspectives and ideas. We work hard every day, but we also take the time to catch up with colleagues over a game of ping-pong, a cup of coffee or maybe grab a beer after work.
Trustpilot is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Trustpilot is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Trustpilot are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Trustpilot will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Trustpilot encourages applicants of all ages.