Full Stack Engineer
We’re a leading online reviews platform, free and open to all. Our mission is to be a universal symbol of trust. We are well on our way - but there’s still an exciting journey ahead of us. Do you want to join us?
We are looking for a talented engineer who also cares about the product they are building. You would be working in a cross-functional “full ownership” team, where you will be taking part and have a voice in every step of the process of building products from ideation, design, architecture, code, deployment and maintenance.
Your main responsibilities would be centred around building great web applications, and the backend needed to serve them at scale. We are talking millions of interactions per day, supported by an architecture of hundreds of microservices: the challenges and the opportunities to work on something big and have a large impact are plenty!
As an experienced engineer, you will have the opportunity to help drive the technical decisions for your team and for the department at large: we constantly aim at improving our processes, architectures and technologies, to face the ever growing challenges in front of us.
In your role, you will:
- Play a key part in defining and pursuing the team’s vision
- Design, implement and deliver highly scalable solutions based on modern cloud-based architectures
- Continuously develop, release, monitor and improve our products and services
- Set and actively promote software development processes and best practices
- Partner with product managers, designers and engineers across the organisation to define high impact solutions and deliver high-quality applications
- Identify opportunities to improve our existing systems continuously
- Be responsible, keep the scope and deliver iteratively
We are looking for people with:
- 5+ years of solid engineering fundamentals and experience in independently writing code to solve real-world problems
- Background in the development of robust and scalable web applications and APIs with several years of hands-on experience
- Experience with modern cloud architectures (i.e. microservices, serverless, event-driven, TDD, reactive)
- Proven knowledge of engineering best practices (CI/CD, observability, configuration management, test automation)
- Analytical and critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present your ideas clearly in both verbal and written form
- Motivation to deliver quality results in an agile, collaborative, ever-evolving environment
- Enthusiasm for learning, both on their own and within a team, as well as the wish to communicate their own learnings to others
A group of motivated engineers working in cross-functional teams while still enjoying the close-knit community within the Research & Development organization, where we share both knowledge, delicious food and foosball matches. With a wide variety of cultures in our team, we get to enjoy many different viewpoints, and our talks are always lively and fun.
A typical week for you will involve a planning meeting within your team, where you discuss the current tasks at hand and align on what creates the most value towards our current goal, and daily stand-ups where you can discuss the progress of your current tasks as well as any issues you might see.
You will also have regular 1-on-1s with your manager, where you will be able to work on your personal growth and development, by setting clear goals, receiving actionable feedback and discussing possible learning resources and opportunities.
Some relevant technologies and services we use:
- Infrastructure: AWS (ECS, Lambda, SNS, SQS, ...), Docker, CloudFormation
- Frontend: React+Redux, Style Components, CSS Module, SASS
- Database: MongoDB, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, BigQuery
Find more on http://stackshare.io/trustpilot
- Competitive salary ranging from EUR 60,000 to 75,000 per annum, plus eligibility for bonus based on company KPIs
- "20% time", where you have the opportunity to innovate yourself and learn new things
- A varied workday in a positive, can-do team
- High ambitions for technology as well as deliveries
- Technology-agnosticism: use the best tools for the job
- Budget for training and learning
- Team building & Events
If you think that this role is made for you, please send in your resume and application letter in English via our website and tell us why you would be the ideal candidate.
You are welcome to contact Oliver Parker, Talent Acquisition Partner, at email@example.com if you have any questions.
At Trustpilot, we’re passionate about our mission to offer a free and open to all review platform, built on collaboration. For consumers, we’re a place to connect with and influence businesses. For companies, we’re a platform for progress; a way to improve and innovate by engaging and collaborating with consumers. Working here is an opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated people in a rapidly growing, fast-paced and agile environment.
With vibrant office locations all around the world and over 40 nationalities, we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace with diverse perspectives and ideas. We work hard every day, but we also take the time to catch up with colleagues over a game of ping-pong, a cup of coffee or maybe grab a beer after work.
Trustpilot is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Trustpilot is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Trustpilot are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Trustpilot will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Trustpilot encourages applicants of all ages.