Senior Site Reliability Engineer
We’re a leading online reviews platform, free and open to all. Our mission is to be a universal symbol of trust. We are well on our way - but there’s still an exciting journey ahead of us. Do you want to join us?
The Site Reliability Engineering team is excited to be hiring a Senior SRE Engineer to join its growing and multi-talented team and we want to talk to you about it! You will be working within a passionate and technically driven team that have hands on almost all of the tech stack here at Trustpilot, that means you get the chance to not only challenge and develop existing technologies but to also drive change and success within the business. If you want to work in a team that is empowered with autonomy and the absence of a hierarchy, while being able to grow personally and professionally then we want you here in the team.
In your role, you will:
- Continuously develop and support our cloud infrastructure, the main focus areas are availability, reliability, monitoring, scaling, provisioning, and deployment, all areas covered primarily through automation.
- Manage, optimize, and evolve our ELK, Prometheus, Grafana monitoring solutions.
- Help teams with best practices in monitoring & improving alert thresholds.
- Contribute to evolving our CI/CD pipelines.
- Report on our service levels to ensure high availability. (deep focus on Business Uptime).
- Daily communication and extensive collaboration across all teams.
- Drive automation and innovations that improve availability, reliability, security, and performance.
- Contribute to developing our SRE Self-service platform and the paved roads.
We are looking for people with:
- Working knowledge of AWS or other PaaS solutions.
- Experience with application development and Cloud Operations
- Experience with Python, Go or similar programming languages.
- You excel in maintaining, monitoring highly available, and high-volume websites and APIs.
- Hands-on with DevOps related tools (eg. CLI, Auto-scaling, Logging, Monitoring, Automation).
- Skilled in scripting and automation.
- Deep interest in Cloud Computing, Infrastructure-as-Code, Containers and Serverless. (We don't expect you to know it all but we would like it if you do).
- The SRE team are currently in an On-Call rotation for out-of-hours cover and you will be expected to take part in this.
Our SRE team is a distributed team between our offices in Copenhagen, Edinburgh and Vilnius. Everyone on the team is highly skilled and extremely enthusiastic about continuously improving our infrastructure and the service from the SRE teams to the rest of the organisation. Our methodologies include Agile, Scalability, High Availability, Microservices, Infrastructure-as-Code, Automation, Continuous Improvement etc., all of which comes as second nature to us. As the new SRE you can look forward to projects such as CI/CD pipelines for IaC/Terraform and Machine Learning models. Our Self-Service platform is also scheduled for an upgrade where we will expand our paved road and enhance the user experience, while continuing to develop our Service Mesh covering our 700+ services.
- Attractive Salary plus eligibility for bonus based on company KPIs
- 20% time where you have the opportunity to innovate yourself and learn new things of interest to you
- Balanced work-life environment, with flexibility and the option to work from home
- A key part of an exciting international growth journey
- Opportunities to learn and develop yourself
- Awesome colleagues and a social working environment with lots of team events
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and a cover letter telling us why you think you'd be great for this job.
At Trustpilot, we’re passionate about our mission to offer a free and open to all review platform, built on collaboration. For consumers, we’re a place to connect with and influence businesses. For companies, we’re a platform for progress; a way to improve and innovate by engaging and collaborating with consumers. Working here is an opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated people in a rapidly growing, fast-paced and agile environment.
With vibrant office locations all around the world and over 40 nationalities, we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace with diverse perspectives and ideas. We work hard every day, but we also take the time to catch up with colleagues over a game of ping-pong, a cup of coffee or maybe grab a beer after work.
Trustpilot is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Trustpilot is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Trustpilot are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Trustpilot will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Trustpilot encourages applicants of all ages.